- In order to ensure test-takers accurately represent their identity, iTEP created FotoSure, a proprietary software that photographs the test-taker throughout the exam. These images are available to institutions considering the test-taker for admissions.
- Prior to taking the iTEP Academic exam, the Candidate must present the test administrator with a government-issued picture ID. The administrator will confirm that the ID presented coincides with the identification information provided by the Candidate on his/her registration form.
- Reference materials/tools and other personal effects (e.g. dictionaries, mobile phones, audio recording devices, PDAs, notebooks, etc.) are not permitted in the room during the test.
- Smoking, eating, or drinking is not permitted during the test.
- During the testing process, Candidates should be seated so that they are not able to view the work of other Candidates. Computer stations should be separated by partitions.
- During the testing process, Candidates may only have two items on their desk: a pen or pencil, and one sheet of paper for note-taking in the Listening and Speaking sections. It should be explained that all notepaper will be collected at the end of the test, and that a Candidate’s notes will not be graded.
- During the testing process, one or more test administrators will be in the room with the Candidates at all times. The administrators should move about the room and make sure that Candidates are not violating security policies.
- The iTEP administrator reserves the right to dismiss anyone from the test or declare a Candidate’s test results void if the Candidate violates any of the above conditions or fails to follow the administrator’s instructions during the test.